GTK+ fails to build

Sergey Manucharyan serge at bonbon.net
Tue Dec 16 18:06:51 GMT 2003

NH> Well being that I cant reproduce the error, I really dont know where to
NH> go from here.  If you want the menu shadow patch and its not compiling
NH> try compiling it without the patch.  Say "n" when it asks if you want it
NH> or not. then see what it does.  Also this could be a problem with libpng
NH> you might want to try recompiling that.
I don't think the shadowing is the problem, I also tried without it.
Concerning libpng - you're probably right, I'll recompile it with no
opts. I'll let you know later.

NH> On another note -O3 opts arent exactly safe to use.  I have a Athlon-XP
NH> 1800 and I use -O2 for those reasons alone and everything compiles fine
NH> for me.  Im not saying its the cause of the problem but -O3 isnt safe to
NH> use on alot of applications.
I have Athlon-XP 1700, and most of the applications work excellent
(although, agree -O3 isn't safe), but I'd like to note that Midnight Commander
doesn't work properly when compiled with ANY of Lunar suggested opts!

Thanks,
Sergey