stable branch

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 28 00:58:25 CEST 2012

> Some testers/devs willing to install lunar from iso (just the normal
> installation, but before doing anything, lin moonbase; lin theedge
> (make sure you switched to theedge, then make sure you selected the
> "stable" branch, which should be the default anyway) and then continue
> the usual update procedure - fix upcoming errors/problems and if you
> got a bit more time, try an x11 installation.
>
> The current goal is to make the stable branch stable - as soon as we
> reached that goal, we can push the change from theedge to lunar as
> well.

As mentioned on #lunar I have limited time at the moment but I can
probably stretch to reinstalling a box from scratch and letting the
update chug along in the background.

But, what I think would really help, would be to have a more up-to-date
ISO image, even if it's just an alpha, to avoid having to rebuild too
much of the initial system every time while we iron out the wrinkles in
the stable branch idea. Sure, building X11 will then still take time...

D.