Was; Re: mesa-lib, now mums the word

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed Jun 20 02:44:39 CEST 2012

> I responded when it was worth to respond. Dennis Veatch on Sun 16:03:43
> wrote on ML in this topic:
> "Who broke this; (...) " You have selected all GPU drivers or Radeon,
> but llvm module is NOT installed."(...)
> "I don't WANT none of that crap so I said yes to which specific drivers
> I wanted leaving them all unselected. So your gonna force me to install
> them?"(...)
>
> My response, same day, 22:10:02:
> "Tell me your selections so I'll try to reproduce the issue.
> If mesa-lib is asking you to install llvm you might selected something
> which needs it for build."
>
> My response after reading all this chat is still tonight 2012-06-20
> 00:41:00 the same:
> WTF have you selected? There is more questions asked than those two
> answers you described.
>
> How do you expect me to fix the issue? I build mesa on Atom netbook,
> VMware notebook and Geforce 8200. No single error. And I do not have
> llvm installed on netbook and Geforce 8200. Someone (v4hn?) also tested
> on radeon which needs llvm. I remeber IRC chat with him. Module was
> hanging for a long time also on dev ML for testing. I do not remeber if
> I have llvm on laptop because I do not have it now. I'm not all seeing
> eye, good wizard or your mum so can not jump into your mind or behind
> your back to see what you do. Send me also compile log.

Please ignore this. I found in this pile of mails more complete bug report
from Dennis. Sorry but there was so many different mails in this thread
that I have lost few times.

And of course Jean-Michel Bruenn invited me on IRC to work together on
fixing radeon support in mesa-lib and on synaptics touchpad. It is good to
have Jean-Michel Bruenn here because he actaully does something which
helps Lunar be better.