[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> xfce4-session: tweak the depends a bit.

v4hn me at v4hn.de
Tue Jun 19 23:33:37 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:32:27PM -0400, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> On 06/19/2012 12:17 PM, Auke Kok wrote:
> >it's not OK, the lunar code will automatically ENABLE dependencies
> >with empty $2/$3 if they are installed no matter what. After all,
> >it has no way to DISABLE them for you anymore.

_yes, I know_

> >So, it may be ok from a source perspective, but from a lunar
> >perspective, it's against the rules. I've repeated this logic
> >problem a few times before on the list over the years.

link?

> >Auke
>
> Thank you, that was my point and yes you have said this multiple times.
>
> It is the reason I spent a great deal of time adding the
> optional_depends stuff for kde and other modules that use
> -DCMAKE_SOMEAPP=on or off.

Yes, I know about this issue and I fixed quite a number of those
mistakes myself. But in the case of xfce4-session there is no way to disable
udisk/polkit/.. in the build process. Well you could strip the code files,
but that's against the as-vanilla-as-possible rule.

Do you suggest to write "--foobar" into $3 so you can disable it in the package management?
The package will still be used if it will ever be installed anyway, so what's logical about that?

v4hn