Was; Re: mesa-lib, now mums the word

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Tue Jun 19 23:17:03 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:33:35PM -0400, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> Ok, so Auke starts a thread asking why the commit-er made a change. The
> person responsible for the commit does not respond. So I should use MY
> time to divine why the change was made? Here's a better answer; the dev
> the question is directed to should use *his* time to explain and *not*
> require others to go off on fishing trips.

I'm personally done with the non-replies as well.

Aside from that, I've reworked the mesa-lib problem in my packages-xorg.git
tree. The DEPENDS/CONFIGURE/BUILD in there does not assume much, and
it will allow you to pretty much choose any combination of gallium, egl,
xa, gv and whatever you want. It may break if you do not have llvm installed
and chose an option that requires llvm, but you're supposed to `lin llvm`
yourself or change the options instead.

No more magic here, really.

I just did a few compile tests with/without gallium, egl on/off, etc. and
it's behaving as I expect it to be.

Go get it from my git tree: packages-xorg.git

Please give it a test-run, and let me know what you think.

Auke