Lunar optimize Bug

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Wed Sep 29 20:09:32 CEST 2010

> it's intended. instead of hiding all the menu's, most of the
> optimizations in the speed menu (for instance) are actually safe. Even
> gcc turns most of them on when you use -O2, as I annotated in the source
> code.
>
> I did a full screen of all the options, and everything that's visible
> now with "safe" on is really very safe.
>
> Auke

I'm unsure about that (As i and some other users had some issues for
example with SSE enabled, all of our cpus have the sse flags - While i
have my whole netbook (intel atom) compiled with sse enabled without
problems, my desktop (amd cpu, which supports up to sse3) can't compile
some things when the whole box is compiled with sse enabled (mainly
video related stuff, like x264, gpac, etc) - So i'd even say sse is
not safe, and applications which need it will enable it anyway if
supported, applications which don't enable it automatically will
probably won't use them at all - so no big deal.

However, thanks for pointing that out.

Jean