[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> docbook-sgml, xml: fixed build...

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 12 16:21:52 CEST 2010

Re: [Lunar-commits] <moonbase> docbook-sgml, xml: fixed build on 64bit
Lunars I installed 64bit Lunar (1.6.5 64bit iso) and reproduced reported
issues on 64bit Lunars. Whole docbook-profile module compiled after clean
install of iso. The compilation went fine. No build errors.

>> Are you sure? IIRC, when building something required by the gnome2
>> profile, after a fresh 1.6.5 install on X86_84, the build failed
>> because the module was using 3.1 or 3.2 DTD and hence needed the now
>> missing directories. The easiest way to work round it was to build
>> with --disable-gtk-doc.

> Yes I'm sure. I hope you have done lunar update before building anything.
> Reporting bugs for old moonbase installed by iso makes no sense - I hope
> you know it. dobook-sgml installs all DTDs collected from all modules. 3.1
> is installed, 3.2 is not. If you tell me which module uses DTD 3.2 or
> other DTD not installed yet I will add it. Using workaround is your
> decision, however you should report broken module to the Lunar community
> so someone could fix it. Not reporting broken modules kills Lunar because
> you have done workaround but next person will simply drop Lunar because it
> does not compile.

Yes, of course I had done a lunar update. I didn't report this on the
BugTracker because everyone on #lunar had encountered problems with the
docbook update, so I assumed that it was still a work in progress.
However, I did report BR432 which appeared to be resolved after your
workaround on the mailing list.

>> I don't remember which module it was because gnome2 involves rather a
>> lot of dependencies, and it might just be a coincidence. When I get
>> home after work I can check the /var/state/lunar/depends* files for
>> --disable-gtk-doc and see whether I can shed any light on which
>> module(s) had this problem.

I think I confused previous gnome testing with the ISO install, and was
unable to reproduce the error for the modules in /var/state/lunar/depends
that had --disable-gtk-doc set (hal, gnome-vfs and PolicyKit-gnome IIRC)

So now I've reinstalled the machine again from scratch, and am unable to
install gnome2 because docbook-utils generates a BUILD error.

I have filed this as http://bugs.lunar-linux.org/view.php?id=435 and
have attached the activity log to show what else I have installed,
and in what order.

Cheers
D.