[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> docbook-sgml, xml: fixed build on 64bit Lunars I installed 64bit Lunar (1.6.5 64bit iso) and reproduced reported issues on 64bit Lunars. Whole docbook-profile module compiled after clean install of iso. The compilation went fine. No build errors.

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Sep 11 21:10:46 CEST 2010

> >> There are still some issues here with docbook-sgml. Though it does
> >> now compile fine these need tending;
> >>
> >> ls: cannot access /usr/share/sgml/docbook/3*: No such file or
> >> directory ls: cannot access /usr/share/sgml/docbook/4*: No such
> >> file or directory ls: cannot access
> >> /usr/share/sgml/docbook/docbook-sgml*: No such file or directory
> >
> > These are used to find and remove old sgml dirs (those created before
> > my sgml/xml patch entered moonbase). These are totally safe and
> > harmless. If ls will not find old dirs like you see here they will
> > be not removed because they do not exist.
>
> Are you sure? IIRC, when building something required by the gnome2
> profile, after a fresh 1.6.5 install on X86_84, the build failed
> because the module was using 3.1 or 3.2 DTD and hence needed the now
> missing directories. The easiest way to work round it was to build
> with --disable-gtk-doc.

Yes I'm sure. I hope you have done lunar update before building anything.
Reporting bugs for old moonbase installed by iso makes no sense - I hope
you know it. dobook-sgml installs all DTDs collected from all modules. 3.1
is installed, 3.2 is not. If you tell me which module uses DTD 3.2 or
other DTD not installed yet I will add it. Using workaround is your
decision, however you should report broken module to the Lunar community
so someone could fix it. Not reporting broken modules kills Lunar because
you have done workaround but next person will simply drop Lunar because it
does not compile.

> I don't remember which module it was because gnome2 involves rather a
> lot of dependencies, and it might just be a coincidence. When I get
> home after work I can check the /var/state/lunar/depends* files for
> --disable-gtk-doc and see whether I can shed any light on which
> module(s) had this problem.

I have build gtk-doc on 64bit iso and it compiles fine. I consider your
bug report as false positive.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski