[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> docbook-sgml, xml: fixed build on 64bit Lunars I installed 64bit Lunar (1.6.5 64bit iso) and reproduced reported issues on 64bit Lunars. Whole docbook-profile module compiled after clean install of iso. The compilation went fine. No build errors.

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 8 08:37:54 CEST 2010

>> There are still some issues here with docbook-sgml. Though it does now
>> compile fine these need tending;
>>
>> ls: cannot access /usr/share/sgml/docbook/3*: No such file or directory
>> ls: cannot access /usr/share/sgml/docbook/4*: No such file or directory
>> ls: cannot access /usr/share/sgml/docbook/docbook-sgml*: No such file
>> or directory

> These are used to find and remove old sgml dirs (those created before my
> sgml/xml patch entered moonbase). These are totally safe and harmless.
> If ls will not find old dirs like you see here they will be not removed
> because they do not exist.

Are you sure? IIRC, when building something required by the gnome2 profile,
after a fresh 1.6.5 install on X86_84, the build failed because the module
was using 3.1 or 3.2 DTD and hence needed the now missing directories.
The easiest way to work round it was to build with --disable-gtk-doc.

I don't remember which module it was because gnome2 involves rather a lot
of dependencies, and it might just be a coincidence. When I get home after
work I can check the /var/state/lunar/depends* files for --disable-gtk-doc
and see whether I can shed any light on which module(s) had this problem.

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman