[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> docbook-sgml, xml: fixed build on 64bit Lunars I installed 64bit Lunar (1.6.5 64bit iso) and reproduced reported issues on 64bit Lunars. Whole docbook-profile module compiled after clean install of iso. The compilation went fine. No build errors.

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed Sep 8 01:49:26 CEST 2010

> There are still some issues here with docbook-sgml. Though it does now
> compile fine these need tending;
>
> ls: cannot access /usr/share/sgml/docbook/3*: No such file or directory
> ls: cannot access /usr/share/sgml/docbook/4*: No such file or directory
> ls: cannot access /usr/share/sgml/docbook/docbook-sgml*: No such file
> or directory

These are used to find and remove old sgml dirs (those created before my
sgml/xml patch entered moonbase). These are totally safe and harmless.
If ls will not find old dirs like you see here they will be not removed
because they do not exist.

If you or someone else have these dirs send me the full dir names - I will
replace * with full name and add if to remove it only when exist.
You can add this if or -d test ladder yourself.

> install-catalog: removal of /usr/share/sgml/docbook/sgml/catalog from
> /etc/sgml/catalog
> Warning: /usr/share/sgml/docbook/sgml/catalog was not found in the
> centralized catalog /etc/sgml/catalog
> + building "docbook-sgml" version "4.5" in /usr/src/sgml

Same as above. Even if old sgml directory infrastructure may not exist it
may be possible that the paths remain in catalog file. It is better to
force remove them to keep catalog file clean and with valid paths only.
It's clearness and being valid are more important than directory
infrastructure because here sgml/xml application looks first. These
warnings are harmless because they say that the path we remove is already
not present. To stop this warning showing up someone needs to grep catalog
looking for path and execute install-catalog only if path is present.

It is better to write global Lunar plugin/function for checking files for
path presence. Such generic Lunar plugin would be helpful not only in sgml
module but for example in every font module to update x.org file with font
path. This could be the beginning of new *.conf option updater plugin.

> And docbook-utils still fails with the same errors as before.

I'm not sure if you have lined recent docbook-sgml. In post_install there
is special code which fixes self looping which causes build error in
docbook-utils and possibly other future modules. I copied this fix code to
pre_build of docbook-utils to add additional protection against this bug.
Do: lin -c docbook-sgml openjade docbook-utils.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski