lcer - lunar compile error report (simplifying support)

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sat May 15 15:56:30 CEST 2010

> [...snip...]
> However, before i spend any more work into this:
> 	- How do other developers think about this feature?
> 	- Who would like to help by implementing it into lin and the
>         lunar features dialog (And, do we want to implement it?)

I think that it could be useful, with the following caveats:

1. most users who get to #lunar usually only need a hint to get going,
   there aren't that many who are asked for compile logs, etc.
   lcer.sh is still a good idea to be able to get the information.

2. Why does it have to be part of lunar/theedge? Can't it be a module
   on its own? The user asks on #lunar, someone says 'lin lcer' and
   then run 'lver module' and we'll have a look.

3. Bearing in mind that the current Bug Tracker needs a good clean out,
   who maintains the lcer reports page?

It's a bit like sofar's module submission queue and review system. It's
a good idea, but really needs more people to use it...

Cheers
D.