[Fwd: Module submission - kernel-reqs]

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Mon Apr 23 11:24:35 CEST 2007

Monday 23 of April 2007 10:36:04 Jerry Lundström wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have to raise this concern. Does the current kernel-reqs really work?
> My point is that it doesn't since we force an update of that module via
> the kernel modules after its compiled (not rebooted) the update will be
> made for the old running kernel and not the new one.

AFAIR the iptables module used to be compiled against old kernels in the past.
I fixed iptables on 13/02/2007 02:27 by sending patch to lunar group
(commited).
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/lunar/2007-February/007188.html
This is the only one module I know which used to have such problem.
If you found another module(s) with such problem please drop the module(s)
name(s) on Lunar ML. Will look around. Thanks for report.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski