mquery not working/apache2 fixed and why not happy easter all! :)

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Sun Apr 8 20:58:31 CEST 2007

Jerry Lundström wrote:
> Hey all, I'm back!!
>
> Been a hectic first few months at my new job (Com Hem) battling new
> systems and responsibilities and the occasional stupid customer (ratler)
> things are calming down. But I'm happy, great job, great colleges, great
> bosses, huge responsibility and authority to do things and not to talk
> about almost double the paycheck and nonrestrictive work hours... me like!
>
> So back to business...
>
> The new mquery syntax for adding y/n OPTS isn't working. The OPTS
> doesn't get passed up to the build section and it doesn't get stored in
> the module config file. There is a PASS_OPTS but that is just wrong
> since it would get save to the module config file every run.
>
> I have reverted the change to apache2 so it works and couldn't find any
> use of the new syntax anywhere else.

Jerry,

so, a few notes about doing things this way:

1) you *first* file a bugreport
2) then you attempt to consult with the other devs if you can't see an easy fix
for it yourself
3) you grant a wee bit of time for people to respond to the bug
4) only then do you revert stuff.

doing it any other way is not polite, not to mention not productive at all.

second:

a) I fixed the bug
b) I expect you to STILL file a bugreport
c) I expect you to revert your revert AND verify my fix, AND write a note saying
verification passed/failed in the bugreport

Thanks for being a team player.

Cheers,

Auke