mquery not working/apache2 fixed and why not happy easter all! :)

Jerry Lundström lundstrom.jerry.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:01:14 CEST 2007

I didn't mean to be offensive in any way.

Kok, Auke wrote:
> 2) then you attempt to consult with the other devs if you can't see an easy fix
> for it yourself

The easiest way was to revert the CONFIGURE/BUILD change made to
apache2. It didn't effect any of the configuration choices. The revert
was meant to be only temporarily until the mquery was fixed.

> 3) you grant a wee bit of time for people to respond to the bug

I saw the bug too serious to be ignored since it was a show stopper for
all configuration of apache2.

> 4) only then do you revert stuff.

Fair deal, verifying and having consent is a good thing.

> a) I fixed the bug

Great to hear.

> b) I expect you to STILL file a bugreport

I can sure do that, if someone would explain how and where?
I can't remember if I ever got a developer login or what the password
was and I don't know if that is the right place either.

> c) I expect you to revert your revert AND verify my fix, AND write a note saying
> verification passed/failed in the bugreport

Sure, I happily revert it and test it.