gtk+-2.8.14 version bump

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Mar 9 20:18:42 UTC 2006

I suggest that we do the following:

- keep glib-2 in moonbase as is
- all: test by recompiling most glib-2 dependent software
- report on possible issues

In the future, I suggest that whenever high impact changes are imminent, that we send out an RFT message to the lunar-dev mailinglist before the change is made. Something like :

Subject: RTF: lin -w 10.0 glib-2

should notify and alert all devs that they are required to do testing on it and report back - only this way we can make sure that:

- the module was actually tested by people
- you get feedback on it

maybe it will make this type of upgrades easier.

As for the glib-2 issue - there is no proof to roll the module back - the only thing to do is verification - thus more testing. And feeding it back.

Auke