[Lunar-commits] r18800 - moonbase/trunk/filesys/udev

samuel verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 12:26:14 UTC 2006

you can't be serious... if udev 085 renders a lunar system unusable why
was it then thrown in moonbase??

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:18:36 +0100
Zbigniew Luszpinski <zbiggy at o2.pl> wrote:

> > and my system just turned out unbootable thanks to the new udev...
> > thnx florin...
>
> The new udev 085 does not build udevstart by default anymore. That is
> why it makes lunar unbootable. You can build udev 085 with udevstart
> on another linux and copy udevstart to /sbin directory on lunar box.
> This will make lunar bootable again. I do not remember how I built
> udev 085 with udevstart. I had to drop udev 085 because its udevstart
> is in conflict with usb firmware loader (the firmware will be loaded
> only when udevstart will not be executed). I use udev 075 now.
>
> greetings,
> zbiggy

Research group Soil Spatial Inventory Techniques
Dept. Soil Management and Soil Care
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Ghent University

Department of Soil Management and Soil Care
Coupure Links 653 - Block B
9000 Ghent - Belgium

Telephone +32(0)9 264.60.42
Fax +32(0)9 264.62.47