[Lunar-commits] r18800 - moonbase/trunk/filesys/udev

samuel verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 07:31:13 UTC 2006

and my system just turned out unbootable thanks to the new udev...
thnx florin...

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:03:09 +0000
sofar <sofar at foo-projects.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:01:25 -0800, Steven Michalske
> <hardkrash at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> >> Author: moe
> >> Date: 2006-02-20 16:04:43 +0000 (Mon, 20 Feb 2006)
> >> New Revision: 18800
> >>
> >> Modified:
> >>    moonbase/trunk/filesys/udev/BUILD
> >> Log:
> >> We HAVE TO push out a new udev.conf EVERY TIME there's an update.
>

> that's why we have the UPDATED field people - stop hacking around and
> use it. Now you are bluntly overwriting someone's custom configuration
> while we have all the mechanisms to prevent this:
>
> 1) Never overwrite a system configuration if it exists
> 2) Only put the default into place if it doesn't exist, and always
> make sure it's tracked in `lvu compile $MODULE`
> 3) if the user edits it himself - lunar will then never overwrite it,
> and
> 4) on upgrades the user automatically will always get the latest
> default configuration
>
> anything else is not very bad, it's really really very bad!!
>
> Auke

Research group Soil Spatial Inventory Techniques
Dept. Soil Management and Soil Care
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Ghent University

Department of Soil Management and Soil Care
Coupure Links 653 - Block B
9000 Ghent - Belgium

Telephone +32(0)9 264.60.42
Fax +32(0)9 264.62.47