[Lunar-commits] r18800 - moonbase/trunk/filesys/udev

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Mon Feb 20 22:03:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:01:25 -0800, Steven Michalske <hardkrash at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
>> Author: moe
>> Date: 2006-02-20 16:04:43 +0000 (Mon, 20 Feb 2006)
>> New Revision: 18800
>>
>> Modified:
>>    moonbase/trunk/filesys/udev/BUILD
>> Log:
>> We HAVE TO push out a new udev.conf EVERY TIME there's an update.

that's why we have the UPDATED field people - stop hacking around and
use it. Now you are bluntly overwriting someone's custom configuration
while we have all the mechanisms to prevent this:

1) Never overwrite a system configuration if it exists
2) Only put the default into place if it doesn't exist, and always make sure
it's tracked in `lvu compile $MODULE`
3) if the user edits it himself - lunar will then never overwrite it, and
4) on upgrades the user automatically will always get the latest default
configuration

anything else is not very bad, it's really really very bad!!

Auke