Old modules

Jean Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Fri Aug 25 14:11:32 UTC 2006

> Jens Luedicke wrote:
>
> a list of broken modules (wrong md5/sha1sum, broken url, ...) would be
> much more helpful. maybe something like CPAN::Testers for moonbase...

What do u think, how should such a "solution" look like? I think if we download
each module, and make a sha1sum/md5sum on it, we'll have great traffic.

1.)
i mean, we could implement (if it's not there) testing for sha1/md5 files. sometimes
we find such files on mirrors. If they're there, they could be used. PGP could be used
too, like:

	ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.14.5.tar.bz2.sign

So for example, we would write to the DETAILS file FPGP=ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.14.5.tar.bz2.sign
or FMD5=....

Modules not using such features, (and i think thats the most) well, i really don't
know how to check the sha1/md5sum without downloading.

2.)
testing (does the module mirrors exists, does the module page exists) are easy...
But what should happen then? Writing an automatic email to ll ml "xyz module module-page
isn't working"?

Greetings
Jean