Old modules

Jean Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Fri Aug 25 11:24:25 UTC 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:46:28 +0200
"Jens Luedicke" <jens.luedicke at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/25/06, Jean Michel Bruenn <jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de> wrote:
>
> > And we would do this only for 'old and broken' modules to keep the moonbase 'fresh'.
> >
> > I mean, we would keep old modules if they aren't broken. But it could be a help to have a seperate maillinglist for this, like a seperate team doing updates for 'old' modules.
> >

> come one... lunar and lunar-dev are low-traffic. there is no need for
> a new mailing-list.
>
> the list itself is a bit uninteresting. if there are no updates or no
> new versions it doesn't mean the module isn't needed.

ack. As i said - Only if the module is broken. I think it could be good to have some ppl checking old/broken modules, and try to fix them.

As you can see it on our channel, there are some users not using bugreports. Stelz for example.

IMHO
it's better to check things then
waiting for a bug report. And we would reduce this to old modules.

> ./editors/nedit/DETAILS
>
> the last NEdit was released in October 2004.

Like i said - Last Updated 2000-2004

> a list of broken modules (wrong md5/sha1sum, broken url, ...) would be
> much more helpful. maybe something like CPAN::Testers for moonbase...

ack. Perhaps i could write such a script, anyone interested in it?

> jens
>
> --

jean