Old modules

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 25 12:00:21 UTC 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 06:31, Jean Michel Bruenn wrote:
> Dear Lunar-List,
> Dear Lunar-Developers,
>
> i've seen, that there are over 800 old modules in moonbase (Updated
> 2000-2004). Here you'll find a list:
>
> 	http://www.ip-minds.de/oldmodules.txt
>
> I tried yesterday to update some of this modules - but most of them aren't
> really maintained, have no mirrors, or aren't really useful.

I'm not sure how you generated that list but it doesn't seem to be accurate.
Qcad, I updated that last week. Aspell, it is maintained along with it's
language packs. These are just a couple of examples.

Some of the "old" modules are old simply because no one has discovered any
programming flaws or build problems or.... etc.

The list would be more useful if it showed which packages had broken website
and download links.

Personally I use the website modules page and check the website links and fix
accordingly. Obviously, I have not checked them all.

> So my question:
>
> Whats about a special maillinglist like lunar-old-modules where some ppl
> can try update this list, and discuss about old and unuseful modules?

I'm not convinced using the maillist would be an effect method. Not all lunar
users monitor them. BTAIM, I think instead of creating a new maillist, use
lunar-linux. If any of our users are likely to subscribe to one it would be
that.

snip

--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.