authentification problems after updating Linux-PAM

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Tue May 31 21:01:38 UTC 2005

Remco Lubbers wrote:
>> Did the rebuild die?  Make sure you have shadow rebuilt (there are a
>> couple others.. but I didn't have those installed).  Also I needed to
>> rebuild openssh and XOrg after.
>
> There was a problem during the relin of shadow with a checksum that did
> not match. I have been fiddling with it together with Sofar (sofar
> doing most of the fiddling ;-), but we haven't been able to work out a
> solution. Sofar will ask Rattler (toch?) to do some extensive
> digging....

okay here's some conclusive evidence on this bug:

1) on a non-1.5.0 machine I am ABLE to REPRODUCE the bug (conclusion:
it's not the ISO but the module indeed)
2) it seems that there is a problem with the pam.d files:

* root can change password again if the auth sufficient rootok line is
added, so I'll merge that rightaway in SVN

* users still have problems changing their passwords. I'm investigating
and hope to find the end of this tomorrow

Ratler, your eyes needed !!!

sofar