authentification problems after updating Linux-PAM

Remco Lubbers remsys at linux-adept.nl
Tue May 31 19:35:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005 11:56:28 -0400, Paul Norton said:

> On 5/31/05, Remco Lubbers <remco at web-adept.nl> wrote:
>  > Paul!
>  >
>  > Tried that, didn't work!
>  > Did you do a lunar fix after 'lrm Linux-PAM'? I didn't try that (I think ;-)
>
>  Did the rebuild die?  Make sure you have shadow rebuilt (there are a
>  couple others.. but I didn't have those installed).  Also I needed to
>  rebuild openssh and XOrg after.

There was a problem during the relin of shadow with a checksum that did
not match. I have been fiddling with it together with Sofar (sofar
doing most of the fiddling ;-), but we haven't been able to work out a
solution. Sofar will ask Rattler (toch?) to do some extensive
digging....

I'll file a bugreport....

Remco