Distrowatch > linux

Zbigniew Łuszpiński zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Jul 17 10:17:06 UTC 2005

> Hello, zbiggy
>
> > Updated, tested and uploaded to svn->new.
>
> A couple a things:
>
> * Linux module is normally well maintained.

It's obvious. Everybody needs it.

> Would be better if you kept track of more unmaintained modules.

They are tracked. But their life ends in svn->new and my zlocal. I updated to
current version modules I use. If even these modules are not imported to
moonbase I see no sense of updating other. Popular modules like linux have
chance to be in moonbase. I maintain modules which I use. Kernel is one of
such modules. I do module updates for myself and drop them to lunar svn also.
I can keep them for myself only if you wish.

> Obviously, I am not saying your  submission is not welcomed ;)))))

??? Thats strange. Your mail have rather opposite meaning.

> * No need to send this mail to dev since we already saw the commit to new.
> The info provided in this mail could have been added to the commit's log,
> and that should suffice.

OK. I was not sure if you see svn->new commits. But if commit changelog is
tracked - no more update posts.

> Yet, if by any chance, something like Linux had been left behind for a good
> while, I would think it would be reasonable to knock on the door and say
> "¡hey, bump it!"

...and the answer usually is "have no time". Most modules have no personal
maintainer field so such contact is not possible.

> Ciao,
> nestu :)

greets,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski