current testing state of glibc 2.3.4 and 2.4 headers

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Sat Jan 29 15:43:56 UTC 2005

Upon examination of the glibc-2.3.4 lunar module and the 2.3.4 source code,
I'm not sure that commenting out the glibc-2.3.2-ctype-compat.patch is such a
great idea.  The patch probably needs some help in being applied, but the glibc-2.3.4
code does NOT appear to provide the patch's functionality.  You will find out very
shortly when you try to get your lunar box to compile a static binary, like tar-static,
bash_static, or sash.  If glibc-2.3.4 does allow you to correctly compile a static
binary and run older statically linked binaries, THEN the ctype-compat.patch is really
no longer necessary.

Terry Chan