current testing state of glibc 2.3.4 and 2.4 headers

Jaime Buffery nestu at espresso.foo-projects.org
Sat Jan 29 10:30:43 UTC 2005

Hello fellow devs,

After some nice testing with 2.6.X headers, and a dead sandbox that Ratler on
his own without any of my help b0rked (:þ), I have done some testing with 2.4.X
headers myself in chroot. What I have done is this:
  * cp a 1.4.0 iso
  * chroot to it
  * update theedge and moonbase a couple of times to make sure I don't have evil
problems :P
  * put the glibc-2.3.4 module I handed Ratler in zlocal and set
ZLOCAL_OVERRIDES ( http://www.lunar-linux.org/~nestu/glibc-2.3.4-module.tar.bz2,
comment out the --enable-kernel=2.6.0 part in BUILD, don't forget, if you try).
  * lin glibc succesfully
  * lin gcc, tar segfaulting so, lin tar, lin gcc
  * lin binutils
  * lin ocreutils
  * lin installwatch
Except for tar, all went fine. Tonight, when I arrive back, I will install the
latest headers, and start from glibc again. This is necessary, since sometimes
with this change installwatch doesn't work properly, and also we need to double
check everything is fine.

  So, basically, right now, without full test I must admit, this is thumbs up,
from my point of view at least. But more on that later, I'm off to work!

Ciao!
Jaime ;)))