modutils and modulr-init-tools fix

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Thu Sep 30 12:28:27 UTC 2004

Salut, Auke
> some first notes:
>
> * the init.d script has no start() and stop() defined. These are
> "mandatory" and should be added to bootmisc even on the ISO just for
> completeness.
About bootmisc, okay. For m-i-t and modutils, stop() won't
do anything and the default behaviour will be start().

> * you have two the same modules install the same file. I would prefer to
> have only one copy of the init.d script around.
Obviously. In current implementation that initscript *has*
to be there. The initscript in only taken away if you have
removed both, e.g., if you have both installed and remove
modutils and then m-i-t, then m-i-t will remove the
initscript. The first one to install will install the
initscript. This has to be done like this AFAICS, unless you
can give me another workaround (one would be unify both in a
single module, as some distros do).

> * the man pages should not be symlinked. Just make a profile.d/modxxx.rc
> that sets MANPATH correctly based on $(uname -r). much cleaner. that
> also catches the other manpages.
MANPATH=$MANPATH:/lib/$SYMLINKDIR/man in profile.d/mod.rc ? K.

> okay that's it for now.
> sofar
l8er,
Jaime ;)

--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)