modutils and modulr-init-tools fix

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Sep 30 10:51:34 UTC 2004

nestu wrote:

>     Hello everyone,
>
>     I have attached a first proposal for these two buggers. Basically
> what happens is that each module is placed in its own dir, and then
> the initscript on boot creates symlinks to the appropiate binary [ or
> man, you'll see ] depending on which kernel you booted with. These
> symlinks are created only for the overlapping installs.

some first notes:

* the init.d script has no start() and stop() defined. These are
"mandatory" and should be added to bootmisc even on the ISO just for
completeness.

* you have two the same modules install the same file. I would prefer to
have only one copy of the init.d script around.

* the man pages should not be symlinked. Just make a profile.d/modxxx.rc
that sets MANPATH correctly based on $(uname -r). much cleaner. that
also catches the other manpages.

okay that's it for now.

sofar