udev conf

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Thu Mar 18 18:15:50 GMT 2004

Dennis Veatch wrote:
> Things are a bit messy but here's what I got right now. Kernel
> 2.6.5-rc1-mm1-beta, no/zero /dev. I have lrmed devfsd. Had to add a S01mount
> and S02udev in /etc/rcS.d else sysklogd would hang and I got a lot of
> spawning errors for what I forget.
My box is 2.6.4 right now, and latest kernel-headers-2.6
(2.6.3.0). I only did what I described in the email a posted
to lunar ml, I did nothing else. I have lin'ed sysklogd, and
I have absolutely NP (a patched version, BTW, for 2.6, just
in case anyone is interested). Did you remember to change
your kernel conf? I wouldn't play a lot with rc scripts... I
left them untouched without problems. The more we can keep
unmodified, the better (specially for updates, that could
cause a few problems).

> I can't ssh into the box, not sure what's up with that yet.
R U sure /dev/pts is mounted / created ? Is /dev/pts there?
When you ssh, /dev/pts/0 should be created.

> Doing a "ls /mnt/cdrom" as root even works. Though there is some kind of
> permission problem as a normal user can't use it.
We are currently having a look at the permission problem.
Just have a look at your entries, and check the group they
are in for now.

> The box does boot up with some errors. In that I have not remvoed
> the /etc/rc*.d start scripts (safety net :)).
Absolutely no errors here. We can't help much if you just
say you have an error, but since you have
changed booting order, it will be harder to track down, I
suppose. Please mail your problems.
CU,
nestu.
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOTD:
<Fuzzbox> "Lunar dev looking for a pretty girl to show her
the stars"

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)