Mplayer update

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Sep 5 20:43:49 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 18:56, Jeff Hodges wrote:
> According to the MPlayer website, 1.0pre1 is a "bugfix" release.  The
> known stability of it seems in question.  I'm installing it now but with
> all the call for bug reports in this release I wonder if we aren't
> putting the users in a bad position?  Its probably more stable than I
> know, and florin probably knows something I dont :)
> Later

urr, just my 0.01945EUR:

It's running happily over here (2 boxes)... dunno what the worries ar
about, especially since MPlayer is still at pre-1, and has never been
"stable" in the first place IMO. Development process of MPlayer also
suggests that the real stable release will only come after 1.0.

I don't mind MPlayer bumps at the preX level, in other words. It's good
to be able to follow it closely too, since the interface changes a lot.

sofar

--
Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org>