Mplayer update

Jeff Hodges jmhodges at lunar-linux.org
Mon Sep 8 03:11:32 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 14:43, Auke Kok wrote:
> urr, just my 0.01945EUR:
>
> It's running happily over here (2 boxes)... dunno what the worries ar
> about, especially since MPlayer is still at pre-1, and has never been
> "stable" in the first place IMO. Development process of MPlayer also
> suggests that the real stable release will only come after 1.0.
>
> I don't mind MPlayer bumps at the preX level, in other words. It's good
> to be able to follow it closely too, since the interface changes a lot.
>
> sofar

Welp, im unable to view *.wmv here, and i get weird "crashes" when the
some videos end.  Happens seemingly randomly I dont know why.  Part of
the error is this:

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: uninit_vo
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
<edited for brevity>
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
gcc version.

I doubt our users will be willing to blame this on us, but this is
really the fault of us using a bugfix release.  So far, no major
complaints, just spurious problems and proprietary codecs not working.
What can we do to alleviate this situation for our users?
--
	-- Jeff

The superfluous is very necessary.
                -- Voltaire