md5 and fuzzy downloads

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Thu Oct 23 11:11:25 GMT 2003

My 2 cents, leave the fuzzy downloading alone.  I still don't agree that all
modules should have md5sum checks enabled.  There are still devs that update
their source tarballs AND they do NOT change their version numbers.  For those
modules, md5sum checks are just a waste of time.

For the modules still in moonbase, fuzzy downloading is rather a nice feature,
especially since some mirrors have .tar.gz and not the .tar.bz2 versions of
the source tarball.

Terry Chan