md5 and fuzzy downloads

Steven Michalske hardkrash at lunar-linux.org
Thu Oct 23 17:36:39 GMT 2003

i second this motion, fuzzy downloads are alright.

but for the cases where there are md5 sums for modules i have a feeling that
fuzzy should not be activated if a md5 is present perhaps, also if a module
fails md5 sum check i would like to try to redownload, fail, or ignore at my
decression but it would time out if no response

my 2 cents

hardkrash

On Thursday 23 October 2003 12:11 pm, Terry Chan wrote:
TC> My 2 cents, leave the fuzzy downloading alone.  I still don't agree that
 all TC> modules should have md5sum checks enabled.  There are still devs
 that update TC> their source tarballs AND they do NOT change their version
 numbers.  For those TC> modules, md5sum checks are just a waste of time.

TC> For the modules still in moonbase, fuzzy downloading is rather a nice
 feature, TC> especially since some mirrors have .tar.gz and not the .tar.bz2
 versions of TC> the source tarball.