depends rework thoughts.

Steven Michalske hardkrash at lunar-linux.org
Mon Dec 8 23:25:25 GMT 2003

missing info

flags for optional depends will have a default status bitfield type thingy.

the bitfield will be something like this
levels of build

unsupported = 0  (only fullSAconfig can see these ones)
ask_about_all = 1
minimal_no_ask = 2
normal_no_ask = 4
safe_extras_no_ask = 8
extream_bloat_no_ask = 16  AKA i want it all :-P

add more? yea names need devlopment too

in the lunar options menus you would set your choice modes and if you set 2 -
16 youll wouldent be asked about any optional depends

also for the new optional depends  the module and its info would be passed as
bash arrays of 5 elements

optmod = ( modulename modeincludesflags --with --without "decstiption stuff
here" )
the space seperates the info
and to get the info
${optmod[0]} through ${optmod[4]}
i believe this will work ans would allow bunches of one of many  optional
depends

if and optional depends had multiple arrays passed to it then a list would be
given and a index asked for for which to include.
if in no_ask modes then if one is already installed, then the lowest filled
bit field module used, then first non exiled and so one

theres some more food for thought
steve