All developers plz read this!

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Sun Aug 24 12:12:17 GMT 2003

Well obviously there are a few exceptions to the rule like Linux-PAM and
the kernel modules.  The way I see it is this, we need to stop all
dependancy asking of all the modules we can.  Personally I use Linux-PAM
on all my machines and when I 1st install it all it has to recompile is
maybe 4-5 modules.  Now the way it is now you will have to answer
question after question on those modules along with the question on the
Linux-PAM.  With the new way you would just answer "y" to rebuild all
PAM aware modules and it would compile away without asking another
question about the modules you are building for PAM.  Same will go for
the mozilla module.   The logic will be taken out (ie. the if
statements) and things will be installed by default.  We have to get rid
of all the questions for one they are annying as hell when you lin -c -r
a module you get asked the questions all over again for all deps even
though the deps are installed.  Anyway its a thought and I am going to
be working on the mozilla module today I guess just to see how it goes.
But as csm said this is a must if we are to move foward to lunar2.

Nick