All developers plz read this!

r0dzilla r0dzilla at lunar-linux.org
Sun Aug 24 13:18:35 GMT 2003

I agree, being bombarded with questions when doing a lunar rnew
(especially after a fresh install) is irritating.

One way it could be done away with is to have a "default" configuration
that states what options will and will not be included.

Users could modify this default configuration to their liking.  Then,
they would not have to answer 101 questions...

Gentoo does something simular with it's USE variable...

It allows unexperienced users to not have to worry about what options to
enable, and just take the default.

Power users can modify the configuration to whatever they wish (console
only options, kde/gnome support or not, PAM-aware or not...)

So, you wouldn't loose your custimizations, lunar just wouldn't bug you
all the time asking the same questions...