hidden dependency for gtk+-2 ?

v4hn v4hn at lunar-linux.org
Sun Sep 28 12:47:48 CEST 2014

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 12:21:57PM +0200, Duncan Gibson wrote:
> This morning I've been through the 'lvu stree gtk+-2' output and
> rebuilt some missing optional depends modules:
>
>     jbigkit, tiff, jasper, gdk-pixbuf
>
> none of which really mention png, and gtk+-2 now builds. So it looks
> like there is a hidden dependency and/or the gtk+-2 configure tests
> are not set up correctly.

Hm, did you compile gdk-pixbuf without libpng before?
If gtk can't find a gdk-loader for png files that's likely to
trigger your error message.

Although tiff, jpeg, libpng and jasper loaders are optional within gdk-pixbuf
I'm pretty sure the rest of the framework will assume all of them are
available.

v4hn