Installation attempt.

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Mon Nov 18 07:55:47 CET 2013

> 1.       I could not find lunar-1.6.5-rc1-i686.iso.bz2
>
> I downloaded lunar-1.6.5-i686.iso.bz2 (I hope it is identical)

It should make no difference; Some people suggest to use the new
dev-iso because it's a nightmare for some to upgrade from 1.6.5. You
better join the irc channel and ask over there.

> bla bla...

*sigh*

> 1.       Is the kernel version 2.6.something?
>
> If so, will I be able to re-compile the latest version of kernel?

root at vulkan /home/wdp # lvu version linux
3.11.6

the current kernel in lunar is 3.11.6. The current kernel on that old
iso you've got is 2.6.*. Yes, Lunar is source based - You can
re-compile the version you want, tho once you upgrade your system I'm
not sure using 2.6. will work if that is what you need.