.... about xfce.

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Mon Nov 18 07:49:26 CET 2013

> OK, I was hoping to use GNOME or CINNAMON with Lunar.

Iirc Cinnamon is not in Lunar yet. I'd like to see it as well. However:
I'd suggest you e17 if you're unhappy with xfce.

> XFCE seems to be based on GTK+, so I believe I will be able to program for it easily.
> (is this correct?)

I never programmed gtk-applications, but I'm curious why it should be
different to write gtk apps in KDE, Gnome, Cinnamon, XFCE, e17 or any
other wm? GTK-Apps are GTK-Apps and will work in _every_ WM.

> So, yes, I have a question why is XFCE the preferred GUI for Lunar?

yes, maybe.

> I have read that many of you are ex-XFCE developers.
> Are there any other (historical perhaps) reasons, why XFCE?
> What is so special about it?
> Small? Fast? Beautiful? Ugly?

Can't answer these, except for xfce is simple and fast. Xfce has been
the wm for lunar since I can remember.