Cinnamon 2.x desktop

v4hn v4hn at lunar-linux.org
Sat Nov 9 23:34:57 CET 2013

Hey Roelof,

On Sat, Nov 09, 2013 at 08:29:09PM +0000, Roelof Wobben wrote:
> I like to try to make Cinnamon 2.x avaible for Lunar Linux.
>
> Is there any interest and is somone willing to mentor me on the way ?

There _are_ cinnamon modules available for lunar. Florin has been working
on them for quite some time now. However,
they are part of the experimental gnome3 section of the moonbase,
which is not available yet with the regular moonbase.
This is mainly because it has not been properly tested yet
and many things for gnome3 conflict with, and replace,
outdated modules of the gnome section.
We therefore intend to replace the whole current gnome(2) section
of the moonbase by gnome3, but this involves moving all
modules of gnome2 which are still needed or not really
part of the gnome desktop to the other section first...

If you just want to checkout the current state of gnome3/cinnamon,
you can try to set ZLOCAL_OVERRIDES (in case you didn't do that yet)
and run `git clone https://github.com/lunar-linux/moonbase-gnome3` in
$MOONBASE/zlocal/ .
This should add the experimental section to your local moonbase.
Be aware that this section is not updated via `lin moonbase` or `lunar update`.
You have to do that by hand (`git pull`).

If you encounter any problem, please use the issue tracker [0] for the section
to report them and we'll hopefully find the time to look into it.

v4hn
---
[0] - https://github.com/lunar-linux/moonbase-gnome3/issues