dhcp build problem

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Sat Mar 10 09:57:56 CET 2012

On 3/10/2012 1:01 AM, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
>> I'm haveing trouble getting dhcp to build on a new machine I'm building.
>> The machine was built from lunar 1.6.5-x86_64.
>>
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../includes  -I.. -DLOCALSTATEDIR='"/var"'
>> -g -O2  -Wall -Werror -fno-strict-aliasing -I../bind/include -MT
>> comapi.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/comapi.Tpo -c -o comapi.o comapi.c
> There is something wrong with your Lunar. It does not set CFLAGS just
> before build. This is very strange.
> That is why you got error. You may get errors in other modules because
> this problem is not dhcp related but Lunar gcc problem only on your
> machine.
>
> BUILD script of dhcp at the beginning adds to CFLAGS+=" -D_GNU_SOURCE "
> but this is not visible in your dhcp build log:
> -g -O2  -Wall -Werror -fno-strict-aliasing
> whats more:
> -g -O2  -Wall -Werror -fno-strict-aliasing
> CFLAGS are set by ./configure script of dhcp when user (Lunar) does not
> set any CFLAGS.
>
> Do not move further with your installation until you resolve this because
> your Lunar will not work properly later.
>
> What you may try to fix:
> run 'lunar' tool and go to: Option->Optimize Architecture->GCC_4_ (choose
> the latest). Set it as DEFAULT.
> It is recommended to choose here safe flags:
> default: [DEFAULT]
> safe: [on]
> bopt: [Faster]
> cpu: [native] (if you have Intel/AMD cpu)
> xtra: [] (do not set anything here if you chose native - all supported
> extensions will be autodetected and used during build)
> spd: [Pointers]
> fpm: [SSE] (if you have cpu with sse2 or later, otherwise select 387)
> cc_opt: [Pipe]
>
> do lunar update and lin gcc
>
> With these settings you can build speedy and stable Lunar.

You are correct that there is something wrong with my lunar in that even
though I have gcc 4.6.3 installed, the only option that shows in lunar
is 4.4. This was a clean install from the 1.6.5-x86_64 iso yesterday,
then followed the man lfirsttime process. Those are exactly the settings
I used for the Optimize Architecture.

I have already installed about a dozen other modules without any problem
until I hit this one.

I'm guessing that this is going to end up being a complete reinstall.