dhcp build problem

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Mar 10 09:01:08 CET 2012

> I'm haveing trouble getting dhcp to build on a new machine I'm building.
> The machine was built from lunar 1.6.5-x86_64.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../includes  -I.. -DLOCALSTATEDIR='"/var"'
> -g -O2  -Wall -Werror -fno-strict-aliasing -I../bind/include -MT
> comapi.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/comapi.Tpo -c -o comapi.o comapi.c

There is something wrong with your Lunar. It does not set CFLAGS just
before build. This is very strange.
That is why you got error. You may get errors in other modules because
this problem is not dhcp related but Lunar gcc problem only on your
machine.

BUILD script of dhcp at the beginning adds to CFLAGS+=" -D_GNU_SOURCE "
but this is not visible in your dhcp build log:
-g -O2  -Wall -Werror -fno-strict-aliasing
whats more:
-g -O2  -Wall -Werror -fno-strict-aliasing
CFLAGS are set by ./configure script of dhcp when user (Lunar) does not
set any CFLAGS.

Do not move further with your installation until you resolve this because
your Lunar will not work properly later.

What you may try to fix:
run 'lunar' tool and go to: Option->Optimize Architecture->GCC_4_ (choose
the latest). Set it as DEFAULT.
It is recommended to choose here safe flags:
default: [DEFAULT]
safe: [on]
bopt: [Faster]
cpu: [native] (if you have Intel/AMD cpu)
xtra: [] (do not set anything here if you chose native - all supported
extensions will be autodetected and used during build)
spd: [Pointers]
fpm: [SSE] (if you have cpu with sse2 or later, otherwise select 387)
cc_opt: [Pipe]

do lunar update and lin gcc

With these settings you can build speedy and stable Lunar.