SSHD init scripts and systemd

elh etherlaugh at me.com
Fri Jul 13 20:42:51 CEST 2012

Hello. After migrating to new moonbase I recompiled openssh module. And while reinstalling it removed its sysv-init script. I didn't actually figured out why it was removed (the version of openssh module didn't change), but I decided what it could be a good opportunity to migrate to systemd. And now I have systemd, new moonbase and no working init scripts at all! Those in /etc/init.d ain't run at boot (what systemd-sysv module does?) and I actually don't know how to get my services back with systemd.

So:
1. why the script was removed on moonbase migration?
2. how users supposed to run services with systemd in lunar? are there any prebuild configurations provided with modules 9like init-scripts were provided with openssh module)
3. is there any Lunar-oriented systemd FAQ? I've followed systemd checklist while migrating, but now it's a black box for me.