xorg-server mesa-lib

Jean Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Tue Feb 14 18:12:20 CET 2012

Hello Dan,

this is a known problem and reported a few times on IRC already. I was dealing with it, but sadly I didn't keep a log for how to solve it. I think some dev broke xorg, or something changed in xorg to make this not working.

My bet is, that zbiggy will have an idea on how to fix/solve this.

As I don't have the log anymore how I solved that issue - Please join on IRC and ask someone if he/she got the log of "wdp" explaining how to get xorg installed on a fresh install, as it's recently broken.

If i remember correct your only chance to get it working right now is to get xorg and mesa-lib pre-compiled, i.e. ask someone who got Lunar running or, if you got a lunar install take them from there, place them into your /var/cache/lunar (or was it /var/spool/lunar?) directory and issue

lin -R xorg-server
lin -R mesa-lib

That will resurrect both. After that you should be able to recompile both (xorg-server and mesa-lib). There's a dependency problem, because xorg-server wants GL.h (if i remember correct) which is provided by mesa-lib, which is not installed, thus lin tries to install mesa-lib first, which fails because xorg-server is not installed, and mesa-lib should be installed after xorg-server. So currently only chance to fix that, is to have them both installed previously.

Again, above information might not be accurate - please ask someone for logs on IRC.

wdp // jean

--
Jean Bruenn <jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de>