Does kaffeine works for you?

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 21 13:04:33 CET 2011

On Thursday, January 20, 2011 04:01:49 PM Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > > Hi Zbigniew,
> > >
> > > Video files and DVB TV works fine for me.
> > > kaffeine 1.1
> > > kdelibs4 4.5.5
> > > qt4 4.7.1
> > > xine-lib 1.1.19
> > > xf86-video-ati 6.13.2  <<= difference
> > > xorg-server 1.9.3
> > > libX11 1.4.1
> > >
> > > Bye,
> > > Guillaume
> >
> > Thanks. Now I know my machine makes trouble.
> > I doubt this is video driver. I tried nvidia, nv, vesa - all the same.
> > Tried vdpau, xv, xshm output. All players work except kaffeine.
> >
> > have a nice day,
> > Zbigniew Luszpinski
>
> OK. I found the problem: xine-lib-vdpau (which is just xine 1.2).
> Kaffeine works only with xine-lib (xine 1.1) :( that is why it failed on
> my machine. No patches, no development. What a pity. This is my favourite
> app for DVB-S.
>
> have a nice day,
> Zbigniew Luszpinski

Your xine-lib-vdpau bump also effects phonon-4.4.3 so it will not build the
xine backend;

+ Xine: xine-lib v1.1.90 was found on your system. This version contains major
changes compared to 1.1.x and has not been tested properly for use with this
backend.

--
Dennis `stumbles` Veatch
Lunar Linux Developer