Lunar is HTML5 and WebGL ready

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Jan 2 13:26:21 CET 2011

Hello,

I just want to tell you that you can browse on Lunar HTML5 and WebGL* web
pages using right now commited firefox4 module (conflicts with firefox
module) or recently updated chromium module.

*to enjoy WebGL pages you have to have working OpenGL.
It works for me using NVIDIA or NVIDIA-beta drivers.

If you lined firefox4 only small tweak is necessary to enable WebGL:
1. open firefox
2. type in about:config in address bar
3. Toggle webgl.enabled_for_all_sites variable to true

chromium is less stable than firefox in WebGL, dumps dumb errors to
console that libGLESv2 library can not be found (which is just limited
OpenGL library for mobiles not needed on desktops), and requires chmod 777
/dev/shm but works somehow.

I found firefox4 much faster than firefox 3. What a pity that extensions
from firefox 3 require update which is none for extensions I have.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski