Lunar package management inside OpenSUSE

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Sat Sep 4 17:53:34 CEST 2010

Cześć Marek,

may i ask, why you would like to port the package management from
Lunar Linux to OpenSUSE instead of simply using Lunar Linux? A Linux
Distribution consists of a few things, which are more or less equal in
every distributions. The "differences" between those distributions are
the package management, some patches for the kernel (imho part of the
package management) and some tools which are able to run on nearly
every other distribution also.

So - You can install Lunar Linux, add some patches to the kernel,
install KDE and install the apps which you like at OpenSuSE. No need to
port the package management.

Cheers

Jean-Michel Bruenn <jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de>