Lunar install does not see External Hard Drive

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Thu Jun 24 01:20:07 CEST 2010

> The external HD is USB

This means it should be visible.
Plug it in and boot from CD. Then it should appear as another disk drive in Lunar partition installer.
My sata drive appears as sda and pendrive or external usb hdd as sdb.

Does your usb hdd appears when using other distro or LiveCD?
If not make sure you have usb enabled in bios setup and external hdd is not encrypted or use proprietary windows applications to access disk.
I had recently such case that someone encrypted pendrive in windows7 so it was reported as damaged on Linux and older Windows.
After decrypting it it started to work on Linux and older Windowses.
Sometimes some drives uses proprietary windows tools to access drive which auto opens when you insert drive.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski