Hello world

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Mon Jun 21 20:49:00 CEST 2010

> Hey, I am not THAT bad.
> Some of those tips I had known already.

If you ask I suppose you expect the answer.

> I asked about password request in KDE
> config tool because I couldn't set ntp as default service.

I reproduced the bug you _probably_ encountered setting ntp:
"Unable to authenticate/execute the action: 7, DBus Backend error: could not contact the helper. Connection error: Could not get owner of name 'org.kde.kcontrol.kcmclock': no such name. Message error: The name org.kde.kcontrol.kcmclock was not provided by any .service files"

Will look at it deeper later - Lunar installs dbus files in wrong place.

> I am only unsure about resizing partition. Two of them
> are too small and another two with Kubuntu are no more needed. Which QT software
> would do the best job of rearranging my HDD? I don't like GParted, as it always
> messed my partitions, where some disk scratches are, when it was supposed to
> stop I/O test. GParted obviously doesn't do the job, which is said to be it's
> most important feature. -.-

I never had any problems with gparted.
You can use text mode tools to manage partitions. Ask uncle Google about:
parted If you use lvm use lvm resize procedure
There are others of course.

> One last thing I would like to learn fast, is init scripts
> management. Is there any manual for it in system? Wiki returns no satisfying
> results.

commands: lservices, service <name> stop/start/restart
help: ask google about linux service command

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski