Problem installing (updating)

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Fri Jan 15 17:35:46 CET 2010

I am having a problem installing/updating lunar on a machine that I
originally installed with Lunar Linux 1.6.0-i686-rc3-pre2 and have
updated about every 6-8 months since then. I have been running theedge,
but am trying to move to lunar because I am not seeing the new "Optimize
Architecture" menu, just the old one that allows selection of GCC v2 or
v3, even thought I have GCC 4.4.2 installed. When I try to lin lunar,
this is what I get, and it does not install:

# lin lunar
Checking dependencies for lunar
Unable to find module mktemp in /var/lib/lunar/moonbase
Unable to find module mktemp in /var/lib/lunar/moonbase